Translate

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

November 19, 2012

Journal

Compare yourself to the denizens of Plato's Cave. Describe something you learned during the mind map experience (about Queenan's article, about the process, about yourself) that will help you break the chains and see more than shadows.

- If I ever was in the position of the prisoners then I'd feel weak and small. I wouldn't feel as filled with knowledge like others are so informed and enlightened by reality. It would feel discouraging at first, but knowing myself I will put myself out there to try and learn something new. I am a strong believer in trial and error. You must learn how to fail a couple of times in order to improve until you finally get it right. During the whole process of the mind map, I figured out how to learn a new tool that i can use in the future. It was a struggle trying to understand the how mindmeister worked and just dealing with it. Must I say, in my opinion, that it wasn't the best of the best. But in the end it worked out and we all managed to collaborate and put out all the information of Queenan's article. By learning how to use a new tool to help our process of learning it was a good experience for every student that took part in it. We learned how to use something new and put it into action. Nothing better than learning something and finally putting it to work so others can learn from us.  Slowly but surely we are breaking the shackles that the school system has locked us in. We are discovering a whole new world that practices many different styles of learning. Now dare I speak the truth, but don't we all learn differently? Well why not show the different styles of learning so everyone can touch on their style of learning.





No comments:

Post a Comment